Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Let it snow...with snow ice cream!!

This holiday season was special as we were able to visit our kids up north.  We left Oklahoma's frigid air with no snow to make it to Ohio with 12" of snow!  My kids were thrilled to sled and snow board.  I was the designated photographer.  I have learned my limitations.  My bones and muscles would rebel and let me know that I was not to slide down hills at neck breaking speed!  I witnessed multiple crashes but my kids are young and simply walked away laughing.  We would have been making a trip to the ER, if I had joined in.  It was fun watching even with my toes numb.  I have a new appreciation for snow skiing attire. :)

My kids couldn't figure out why I opted to not take pictures the next day and stayed at home watching my sweet grandson in the nice, warm, toasty house!  Life is good with a hot cup of coffee and a big picture window to watch the snow without freezing.



My sweet daughter of love made us Snow Ice Cream.  What a treat!

Snow Ice Cream
6 cups fresh snow
1 cup Half and Half milk
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup sugar*

Mix well and eat quickly!  
*You can substitute the sugar for Xagave

Note from Paula: BIG tip....don't eat yellow snow!! :)  I wouldn't let my kids choose our snow.  This is a job for a responsible all seeing adult.  You definitely want clean, fresh snow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment