Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Artisan Bread made easy



So, I wanted an artisan style bread for an Italian meal I was making. I was already making our basic,daily bread (click here) and got this idea to take one loaf and turn it into a 'make-shift' artisan cheese loaf.

I simply rolled the normal 1# of dough into a rectangle. I spread the pizza seasoning mix (click here) and topped it with shredded cheddar cheese.





I rolled the bread like a jelly roll and pinched the crease together. I put the crease on the bottom.


Sprinkled with shredded cheese. Let rise once and bake. Once the crust has become brown, cover the top of the bread with foil so that the cheese won't brown more and this gives the loaf time to cook thoroughly. It was delicious and easy.



I know sharing an Italian bread during the Thanksgiving holidays doesn't really fit but it was soooo good. I have some other holiday recipes that will fit your Thanksgiving plans...stay tune for "Blender Cornbread." This will be easy and ready for your Thanksgiving stuffing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment