Monday, May 16, 2011

An extra mixer anyone?


These are almost sacrilegious words coming from me the Bosch lady! However, I am using my Bosch Universal Base with the Bosch slicer/shredder attachment which becomes my 'extra mixer!'

I love this Bosch attachment. It comes with the basic shredding (thick/thin, great for grating cheese, making fast cold slaw) disk; basic slicing (thick/thin) disk; and the French fry cutter disk. I use the French fry disk to make my stir fry veggies; shred iceberg lettuce for perfect taco salad topping; make white or sweet potato fries...and the list goes on. It has a 12 cup capacity. As a result, I can do a lot of food in a short amount of time.

But wait there is more....which is WHY I LOVE THIS ATTACHMENT! :)
You can expand this attachment. There is also available a julienne disk, rasping disk (makes great snow ice for snow cones!), potato grater AND a whip.

This bowl is just the right size for making small items you need to mix. As you can see from the pic, we needed to make whipping cream for a strawberry pie which I will be posting soon. It was so easy to put the heavy cream in this bowl and let the machine do the work.

The slicer/shredder is a great accessory to add to your Bosch Universal Kitchen Center!! I have been using my slicer/shredder for 20 years!! You will love it.

Note from Paula: This whip is for only soft or liquid mixing. (cakes, creams, softened butter, frosting)


No comments:

Post a Comment