Monday, January 17, 2011

Dashed Expectations Part II

So what were your dreams that the perfect Christmas would hold? I really don't think it is only a Christmas season issue as much as dreams of what we think the green grass looks like on the other side of the fence. This a cont. blog...if you have missed the beginning, check my tips for the harried woman for the first part. :)

I read a quote from an unknown author the other day...
"Write your heart aches and disappointments in the sand. Carve your blessings in stone." This is really profound because I think we do it backwards. We are carving our heartaches and disappointments in stone and nursing the pains of life. What we need to be doing is counting our blessings. Carving these in stone to keep them in the forefront of our minds and hearts.

As I said in a previous post, this Christmas really blew all my 30 years of traditions out the window. Nothing was normal or the same. So what was God up too? He was teaching me big lessons on counting...counting blessings. He was teaching me to learn flexibility and adapt to change.

I wonder if this was the beginning furrowing to prepare me for a complete new year of change? Hummm...something to ponder. Need to start carving those blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your sharing this quote. I did give you credit for spurring on my thoughts. I learned years ago, when my Christmas didn't come out...and I thought the worst thing that could happen to me was my freshly cut Christmas tree falling out of our trailer on the way home and getting destroyed. Oh, boy, did the Lord help me to understand!

    ReplyDelete