Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Ginger Pumpkin Triffle


This is a keeper recipe. I adapted/combined it from several that I found online. Remember, use ingredients that you might like to add to the recipe you are looking at. For instance, if you love clove or nutmeg add a little bit. I love cinnamon so it seems to sneak into a lot of my cooking. :)

If you are in a hurry, use box mixes for ginger bread and vanilla pudding. I prefer to make them from scratch. I have both ideas posted for you.

When I made this dessert for company, my kids told me that we needed to have this on our menu as a regular. It is REALLY good and it was not hard to make. Great presentation without lots of prep. Hurray for fast and easy recipe.
Ginger Pumpkin Trifle!
Ginger Bread (you can use a box mix or make your own*)
Vanilla Pudding (5 oz. box) or homemade pudding
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin *
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Directions:
Make gingerbread cake. Make either boxed vanilla pudding OR homemade pudding. Combine pudding, pumpkin and spices. In separate bowl, beat heavy cream with powder sugar.

Step Two:
Layer crumbled gingerbread; then pudding; then whipped cream. repeat layers and top with lop of whipped cream and crumbled gingerbread.
* True confessions....I used the pumpkin pie mix can as I didn't have the pumpkin on hand and company was coming.




Here is our homemade gingerbread recipe:
Gingerbread
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup raw sugar
1 egg
1 cup molasses
3 cups pastry flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground clove
1 cup hot water

Cream oil, raw sugar and beaten egg. Stir dry ingredients together. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Stir in molasses. Slowly add the hot water.

Bake 375 degrees in greased 9x13 pan for 20-25 min. or until toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment