Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Cream Cheese Spread for your Homemade Bagels!!

I love bagels!! I love the special cream cheese spread that I get at Panera Bread. The problem is there is not enough cream cheese spread to go around for our family and I can't bring myself to buy multiple tubs of the cream cheese spread. The next best thing? Make my own!! Here are my creations of cream cheese spreads. My kids like the walnut and honey spread the best. I liked the onion and chive spread for a lunch meal. They all tasted great.


The best is putting it on your homemade whole wheat bagels and there is less guilt in downing multiple bagels!! :) Check out how to make your own homemade whole wheat bagels below!!

Walnut and Honey Cream Cheese Spread
8 oz. cream cheese
2 Tbs honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbs crushed walnuts
Puree in your Bosch Food Processor

Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread
8 oz. cream cheese
3 Tbs powdered sugar
1 cup hulled strawberries
Puree in your Bosch Food Processor

Onion and Chive Cream Cheese Spread
12 oz cream cheese
3/4 cup Greek Plain Yogurt
5 green onions chopped
2 tsp dried chives
1 tsp onion powder
Puree in your Bosch Food Processor

Note from Paula:
These are perfect to use on your to serve with your whole wheat bagels!!

I made lots of different types of bagels. They are not hard to make and you can freeze them and have them ready for breakfast or meal. Don't let the word bagel intimidate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment