Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Peachy Buttermilk Shake

I am on a peach kick because peaches are in season and so sweet and fresh.  I also happened to buy a 1/2 bushel from our famous Livesay Orchard in Porter, OK!.  Can I say sweet...delicious...can't eat just one?!  I have to use great restraint to not gorge myself on peaches.  So the next best thing is to create multiple foods using these wonderful peaches.  I have posted Peaches and Cream muffins and peach fruit leather.  Now, I have created a peach milkshake with a zing!  Enjoy some peaches today!

Peachy Buttermilk Shake
1 cup buttermilk
3 cups sliced peaches
1 cup vanilla ice cream
1/4 cup raw sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Place all the ingredients in your Bosch Blender and process till smooth.  Pour into chilled glasses.  Makes 3 cups.  Obviously, I doubled...tripled this recipe as we wanted a lot of shakes.  I have made a small amount for the ingredient list to accommodate those who don't want to make the mega amount I tend to always do!   Our milkshakes went fast and were so refreshing for the hot summer.  Hope you enjoy your peaches and shakes as much as we do/did! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment