Saturday, July 6, 2013

Strawberry Shortcake


I really love strawberries and am always trying to find new ways to serve...eat them. This shortcake is a little different due to the sour cream. It is rich and can I say delicious?! I hope you enjoy making/EATING the shortcake with lucious strawberries as much I did...will. I am making this again!!

Strawberry Shortcake!
1 quart fresh sliced strawberries
2 T Xagave

Shortcake:
1 3/4 cup sifted whole wheat flour
2 T honey
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup cold butter
1 egg
3/4 cup sour cream

Topping:
1 cup whipping cream
2 T Xagave
1 tsp vanilla extract

Step One:
Combine the strawberries & Xagave and set aside.

For shortcake: combine dry ingredients; cut in butter till crumbly; add sour cream and egg and mix well. Knead the dough in the bowl. Press into round circles (3").



Bake 400 degrees for 10 min. or until golden brown.

Topping: Cream whipping cream, Xagave and vanilla till peaks form. Remember your Bosch Universal Plus Mixer will make this whipping cream FAST!

Step Two:
Cut biscuits in half. Spoon berries and whipping cream on bottom layer; put top on and dash with more strawberries and a dab of whipping cream!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes! I will be adding this to my baking list! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete