Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Blueberry Streusel Muffins



My daughter made these scrumptious muffins for our family...me! She knows I love blueberries and this muffin really hit the spot. Best of all, it was easy to make, especially for me as my daughter made them. She told me they were easy to make as well, so don't be afraid to try them.

For Mother's Day we went to my sister-in-law's home who treated us to a luscious chocolate cake. You will never see that recipe on my blog as it was a 12 step process and used a dishwasher load full of utensils to make it happen. I thoroughly enjoyed eating her chocolate cake and told her I would come to her house any day to eat it!! Thus, I LOVE the fast and easy recipes which this blueberry streusel muffin makes for your family.
BLUEBERRY STREUSEL MUFFINS

Ingredients:
1/3 cup raw sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 egg (beaten)
2 1/3 cup sifted pastry flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries

Streusel:
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/3 cup sifted pastry flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter

Cream sugar & butter; add beaten egg. Combine flour baking powder & salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in vanilla. Fold in blueberries. Fill 12 cup stainless steel muffin pan.
Combine streusel first 3 ingredients & cut in butter. Sprinkle over muffin batter. Bake 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 12 muffins.

Note from Paula:
You can use the Bosch Flour Sifter to make a cake consistency flour. This will yield light and fluffy baked goods...heavenly blueberry muffins!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! I will be making this soon. I'm hosting a new linky party and would love to have you!

    http://hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/assets-and-efforts-linky-party-2.html

    Thanks,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 9yo and I made these for breakfast today. Super yummy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't realize I had not replied to you....glad you enjoyed them. Hope you make them again!

    ReplyDelete