Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cheezy Chicken and Rice

What I love about this wonderful recipe?  First, I didn't have to cook it as I was visiting one of my daughter in law's who made this wonderful dinner.  Second, it is an easy recipe without a lot of prep work.  My motto of fast and easy fit the bill for this recipe.  It was one that I have definitely added to my recipe list of family favorites.  If only I could keep my daughter in law at meal time to fix dinner for us all...all the time!  Don't know why they want to have their own life. :)  

I am really blessed with lots of daughter in law's who love to cook; cook great good;  love to take over the kitchen which I gladly relinquish to them.

Cheezy Chicken and Rice
2 chicken breast (as you can see I made more!)
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp cornstarch
1 Tbls water
8 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp Tony Chachere Creole
1 chicken bouillon dissolved
1 tsp garlic powder



Step One:
Halve chicken breasts.  Simmer in chicken broth.  Cook about 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.  Use your Bosch whips to chunk the chicken.  The longer you leave the chicken in the bowl with the Bosch whips whipping the chicken, the finer/more shredded the chicken will become.  How do I know?  I turned my back on my chicken shredding in my Bosch bowl only to turn around to a meat pate consistency.  I went ahead and made my recipe with the now almost chicken paste.  The kids were not thrilled with the casserole I had made for dinner that evening.  Need I say that I learned my lesson!  The Bosch Universal Mixer is a powerful machine! 

Set chunked chicken aside.


Step Two:
Remove chicken from broth and boil remaining liquid for 5 minutes or until reduced to 2/3 cup of chicken broth.  Combine 1 Tbs water and cornstarch.  Add to skillet.  Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.  Add the remaining ingredients and whisk till well-blended.


Step Three:
Mix chicken into the liquid ingredients.  Serve over rice

No comments:

Post a Comment