Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Nutty Butter Balls!

From Lunch & Snacks by Sue Gregg

Do your kids get hungry mid-afternoon and start the hunt for some kind of snack food...probably junk food? This is the perfect snack that is power packed with protein to give the added jump start to make it to the next meal time.

Really having small meals or mini meals is ideal to keep your body fuel going the full day! This is a keeper snack. When I made these the first time my kids were circling me with curiosity. Then they curiously asked me it would even taste good.

Well, the verdict is out. "WOW!" "WHOA THESE ARE GREAT!" "How many can I have?" Need I say this is a great, healthy snack that is easy to make? You...your family will love them!

The best is that your Bosch Universal Mixer will help you to make this easy snack...hurray for my perfect kitchen appliance!

Nutty Butter Balls!

Step One:
Chop in your Bosch Blender:
1/2 cup date nugets
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup pecans
1/4 cup rolled, uncooked oats
1/4 dried coconut, unsweetened



Step Two:
Mix in your Bosch Universal Mixer w/ cookie paddles:
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 Tbls. honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 non-fat dry milk powder

Step Three:
Slowly add the chopped mixture into peanut butter mixture. Remove and make walnut size balls on lined cookie sheet. Store in fridge. Ready for afternoon snacks! Yum!


Note from Paula:
I rolled some of the nutty butter balls in sesame seeds. You could also chop different nuts as a coating as well. Just adds looks and flavor. Yum! :)

1 comment:

  1. My Dad used to do a similar-looking recipe. He called them "mud balls".

    ReplyDelete