Saturday, June 16, 2012

Potato Salad

While all potato salads have the same basic ingredients, here is our Sutton potato salad version.  For some reason, I only make this during the summer months when we have grilled hamburgers.  It would be good with other dinner venues...fried chicken, etc, but I am in a rut.

Summer is here and so is our potato salad!

8 large boiled potatoes
8 boil eggs
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup mustard
1 cup chopped sweet pickles
1 medium onion chopped
2 tsp salt
sweet pickle juice to taste...1/4 cup to 1/2 cup

Boil with skins on potatoes.  Cool thoroughly.  Boil, cool, peel eggs.  In large mixing bowl, cube the potatoes and chop fine the boiled eggs.  Add the rest of the ingredients.  Fold in as you mix.  You want to keep the potatoes in a cubed form as much as possible.

I am a dump ingredients not measure type of cook.  When I make this potato salad, I dump the ingredients in till it looks creamy.  This time I measured as I 'dumped.'  However, the creamy look may take a little more mayo on different occasions.  I also simply pour the sweet pickle juice into the potato salad while I am in the folding process not only to add some added flavor but to help the creaminess of the potato salad.  You might also want to add more salt.  I always skimp on the salt as I know I could add salt later but can't take it out, if I add too much.



No comments:

Post a Comment