Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hummus

I am beginning to wonder if I am cooking at all this summer!  My daughter in laws have been cooking up a storm and bringing me their wonderful foods to taste and take pics.  I have been cooking many recipes side by side with them so I guess that counts for me 'cooking' the food.  However, I do want to give the credit of the recipes to them.  They are wonderful cooks and love experimenting.  Hurray for so many cooks 'in the house.'

I put that in quotes as they are not in my house, but I go to their houses to visit and cook with them.  I love as I get to enjoy the grandbabies while there.  What bliss.

So without further ramblings....on to the recipe!

Hummus
1 can chickpeas (16 oz. can)*
1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
3-5 Tbs lemon juice
1 1/2 Tbs tahini**
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbs. olive oil

Drain chickpeas and add all the ingredients into your Bosch blender.  Pulse the blender (this is the "M" setting); and then, turn blender to speed 2 or 3 to full blend/mix the ingredients.

Serve on pita chips or warmed pita bread.  Delicious.
*Chickpeas are also known as garbanzo beans.  Did you know you can grind garbanzo beans in your Nutri Mill grain grinder??!!  I haven't tried making the dip with garbanzo flour but sounds like an interesting twist to this recipe.

**Tahini is a roasted sesame seed butter.  You could roast your own and simply put them in your seed mill (click here) and you could make fresh tahini.  This would be for small amounts.  If you are wanting a large scale of this, you would want to use the Bosch Food Processor accessory with the bottom blade. (Click here)  I love my Bosch Universal mixer for all the wonderful attachments which help me in all my kitchen cooking needs.

Note from Paula: We doubled this recipe and I would definitely recommend doing so.  We were practically licking the bowl to get the last of the humus out of the bowl.  I am not a fan of many humus recipes but this one is a keeper!  It is a keeper because it tastes good but it also fits my mantra of fast and easy!  Pull out your Bosch blender and you have a quick appetizer...main meal?...that is a real crowd pleaser!  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment