Monday, January 23, 2012

Chicken n' Dumplins with Whole wheat flour!



This was another recipe shared with my by one of my daughters of love. It is so nice to have other cooks with creative ideas.

In fact, let me digress for a moment. We are Dave Ramsey fans/followers. In one session with the seminar, it was mentioned that the average person has 24 basic recipes that they fix over and over and over. I thought to myself at the time, that couldn't be true and I must be above average!! lol Well, I did an inventory of my normal main meals and I came up with 15! Yikes! Did I eat humble pie?!

This blog has been a meal stretcher for me to discover how many fun things there are to fix out there and get out of my rut in meal planning. Having extra cooks with other meal plan ideas has certainly helped expand my horizons. I hope these recipe/blog ideas I share with you have helped you to break out of your meal plan rut.

Really it just having someone go before you that helps to break ruts in all parts of our life...

Okay, back to Chicken and Dumplings! :)

Boil
4-5 large boneless chicken breast in 1/2 water and 1/2 chicken broth
2 cups finely sliced carrots *(easily done with the Bosch Slicer/Shredder)
2 cups finely diced celery
1 medium finely diced onion






Once chicken is cooked, remove from pan and shred in Bosch Mixer with the gourmet whips (Click here.) Add shredded chicken back to chicken broth and vegetables.

Meanwhile mix dry ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda
3/4 tsp. salt
4 Tbs. butter
1 cup milk

Mix dry ingredients. Cut butter into flour mixture. Slowly add milk till dough forms.



A strong pastry blender is a great kitchen tool to include amongst your 'kitchen gadgets.' (click here!)

Drop by teaspoonful into boiling broth. Cook 15 minutes.

So here is how your Bosch Universal Mixer becomes your universal kitchen tool. Add the accessories and you can do all kinds of kitchen work! Let your bosch mixer do the work!!

I sliced the carrots in seconds!


No comments:

Post a Comment