Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Blender Potato Soup!



So is your stomach reeling from all the rich food from this past two months? Mine is. We have a dessert bar station for the entire month of December. In fact, the last cookies are still there along with multiple crumbs. I feel sick even looking at the bar!

It is time for soothing soup which really hit the spot for our family who have had way too much rich food.

This soup is so easy...yes, there is that word again! This is my middle name when it comes to cooking, "easy!" I guess this is my mantra for life as I also have the standard for any dish that comes into our home, "if it doesn't go in the dishwasher, it doesn't stay in my home!" Okay, I have digressed from my post about yummy Potato Soup.

6 large baked potatoes (bake these ahead; peel)
3 medium onions chopped
1 bunch green onions chopped (about 10 green onions)
1 stick butter
6 cups chicken broth
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 cups 1/2 and 1/2

Bake the potatoes and cool/peel. Saute onion/green onions in butter. Add chicken broth and nutmeg. Add cut cooked potatoes. Blend liquid ingredients in your Bosch blender.

Return to the stock pot. Add 1/2 and 1/2 gradually and re-heat. It can easily burn so you are only needing to heat the soup.

Garnish with shredded cheese and a dab of sour cream.







No comments:

Post a Comment