Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Home Made Blueberry Syrup


Well, it is blueberry season and make the most of it by making breakfast a fun treat. We were able to whip up fresh blueberry syrup for our pancakes in a breeze. I have a few more blueberry recipes up my sleeve to let you enjoy this season. Blueberries next to strawberries are my favorite fruit.

In fact a funny on me....we were traveling through Oregon and stopped at a farmer's market which had fresh picked blueberries. We bought a flat of blueberries. Well, I would pull a carton out of the flat and pop blueberries in my mouth as we went on down the highway. Finishing one off, I would grab another carton as it was like eating sugar. Before I realized it, I had eaten most of the flat of blueberries! Needless to say, my stomach let me know what I had done!! I would not recommend eating a flat of blueberries in one setting. They sure were good!

Okay, I have digressed. On to a blueberry topping for your pancakes or really any kind of dessert you would like to have a blueberry syrup topping added too...like ice cream! Yum!

3 cups blueberries
1/2 cup Xagave
2 Tbs cornstarch*

Heat over low heat till thickened.

*mix with little water to make a thick paste then add to blueberry mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment