Friday, May 20, 2011

Heathy & Easy Strawberry Pie!



I have a few more strawberry ideas to share with you so bear with me. :) If you are not a strawberry lover, hang tight as I have some bread ideas to share with you soon. I think you have realized strawberries are one of my vices and our family is making the most of the strawberry season. We made yet another variation for a strawberry pie from the "Delicious Meets Nutritious" cookbook (Click here to see more)*

Healthy Strawberry Pie
from "Delicious Meets Nutritious"

1 pre-cooked pie crust**
1 to 1 1/2 pounds strawberries (sliced or quartered)

Fruit Gel:
1/2 water
1/3 cup Xagave
8 to 10 strawberries
Juice from 1/2 lemon ***
3 Tbs. corn starch

Blend fruit; add water, lemon juice, and Xagave. Cook mixture in sauce pan and bring to a boil. Mix in 3 Tbls corn starch with 3-5 Tbls. water then slowly mix into fruit mix. Reduce heat and simmer. Stirring constantly until mixture thickens. This only takes a couple minutes. Let gel and cool. Pour over fruit pie shell. Refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes before serving.

Slice the strawberries in the pie shell and spoon the strawberry fruit gel over the strawberries.

I used the granola crust with this pie. I used my homemade granola recipe (click here)

I posted my granola crust in my last strawberry pie recipe. Not to be redundant...I have posted that recipe again!

**Crust:
1 1/4 cups granola
1/8 cup Xagave
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 T butter melted

Make the crust in your Bosch food processor. Pulse 1 cup of granola with Xagave and cinnamon till fine crumbs from. Drizzle in butter and process till combined. Add remaining granola. Mixture will be crumbly. Press into 9" stainless steel pie pan. Refrigerate till firm about 15 minutes. Bake crust till golden brown (about 10 minutes)

*** The Bosch Citrus Juicer is great for making needed juice for these recipes. We were able to get all the juice out of the our lemon easily letting the Bosch Universal Mixer do our work!:)






*I can adjust the shipping for you if you want to call me to order this great cookbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment