Thursday, February 17, 2011

Homemade Chicken Soup, Just what the doctor ordered!


I decided to create another soup to warm ourselves from the bone chilling weather. It just seemed the perfect meal for this bone chilling weather.

Paula's Chicken Noodle Soup!

4 cups chicken broth
4 cups water
3 boneless chicken breast shredded*
1 tsp celery seed
3 Tbs onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1# chopped carrots
4 cups green beans**
1 cup flour***
egg noodles****

Simmer all (except flour)the ingredients till tender. Serve with a slice of fresh bread!

*Use your Bosch Mixer gourmet whips to shred the hot chicken breast quickly. Works like a charm and then your meat will be throughout the soup. (Click Here)

**I just happened to have green beans left over from another meal and added to the soup. Typically, you would want to put peas in your soup for the perfect look. The orange from the carrots and the green from the peas make for a beautiful presentation.

***Mix 1 cup flour with 1 cup cold water. This will be your thickener for the soup. Our family likes thick soup so I always use flour to thicken the soups. If you like thin/watery type soup, skip the flour.

****I am not sure exactly how many noodles I put in the soup. I like a lot of noodles so I broke up a lot of them. You might notice from the pic that I used spaghetti. I didn't have egg noodles which I think would have been better for the soup but I simply used the pasta I had on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment