Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Barbeque Roll-Ups

Here is a fun twist to using your basic Bosch whole wheat bread recipe. (see my web site for the Bosch bread recipe: www.paulasbread.com) I usually make the roll-ups on my bread day. You can make your bread for the week and then use about 2 loaves worth of dough to make dinner! It is a fast dinner idea. I usually add scalloped potatoes and a salad. The perfect dinner ready lickity split!

It is so simple. See the step by step pics...
-You roll out the dough into a rectangle.
-Brown your ground hamburger meat (about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds).
-Add and mix 1 cup barbecue sauce (or more if you like lots of the barbecue flavor.) -Spread the meat mixture over the dough and then roll it up in a jelly roll style. -Use your dental floss to 'cut' the rolls and place them on a greased pizza pan or jelly roll pan.

As you can see I use a stainless steel pizza pan. You can see/purchase this stainless steel pan and others on my web site. The pizza pan is a beautiful dish to serve your meal.

I usually don't even let the roll-ups rise and stick them right in the oven! Bake 350 degrees till golden brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 more min.!

This is an easy meal and real filler for hungry boys!









No comments:

Post a Comment