Friday, February 5, 2010

Fun for family in the Month of "Love" part 3



Our grand finale for our evening of our family Valentine Day tradition is to create a special Valentine card.

We draw names to find out who you will make a personalized Valentine Card for that individual. No one lets anyone know who's name they drew to keep the suspense of making a special card. I have all the supplies (construction paper, glue sticks, scissors, tape, and markers) available to help their creativity.

We have a time limit on card making so everyone scrambles to begin once I say "go!" It adds to the excitement to race the clock and still make a valuable card for the individual.

This has really turned into the most special part of our evening. It has become a great opportunity to praise that person and let them know how much you love them. Some of my kids have written quick poems (roses are red, violets are blue...) while others write how much that family member has blessed them.

Really this is what we should do all year round...bless others by expressing our love and letting them know now what we appreciate about that person. Maybe we should try and write/make cards more often and seize the moment to bless others.

I take this opportunity to thank you my customers now friends who bless my life with your encouragement. I really don't consider you all as customers but friends. I hope I can encourage you as much as you all encourage me. Thank you and may God richly bless you with a sweet relationship with Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment