Saturday, August 29, 2009

Tips for the Harried Woman

Can I say, "Take a deep breath and smell the roses?" I think one of the biggest threats to us as women is juggling many balls that quite frankly we were never meant to juggle. I have a picture with this quotation, "One hundred years from now it will not matter what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had, nor what my clothes were like, but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child." This picture reminds me to continually reevaluate my schedule and ask myself if I am really investing in eternal things and in particular the job God has given me in raising my kids. Sometimes at the end of the day, I sigh and realize that I focused on the wrong things that day and my little people were on the back burner. Hope comes new every morning! Today is a new day to put our eternal little people our number one focus. I find an easy way to give them my focus is to take them on my errands. I will take one at a time and then ask them if there is anything they have been wanting to talk to me about, since they have me 'one on one.' This opens the door for a 'heart talk' and many times very revealing to surprisingly deep thoughts even my little people ponder. Next month I will give some tips I use to make sure my little people are given top priority. Feel free to join in the discussion. All of us will benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment