Thursday, March 6, 2014

Peace in the Storm

March 1 was a bleak and cloudy day with the weatherman predicting potentially debilitating storms.  March will come in like a lion.  Wasn't it supposed to come in like a lamb and leave like a lion? 

With the life storms our family has weathered lately, God has directed my thoughts to view this weather storm from the top side of the storm.  If I could ascend the clouds, it would be sunny and bright.  I would be looking down on the storm with a cheery sun shining down on me and could see that this storm system is only covering a small region for a limited time.  Life's storms are the same.  We need to look down from God's perspective.  These life storms are for a short season in God's time.  A comfort to me is that Jesus is the peace in the storm.  "
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."  John 14:27.

God knows I will have trouble getting that 'above the cloud glance' at my life storms, so He promises to come into my storm and be my comfort.  

As March brings its 'lion weather', I consider it a reminder to get an above the cloud perspective of the weather storms and life storms.

May Jesus peace in your life storms be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment