Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Romantic Dinner for Valentine's Day!

Do you ever want to do something different for that special someone or have a simple Valentine's dinner for your family. This one fills the bill because you can prepare it the night before or make it the same day. I was able to easily fix this and then popped it in the oven while I concentrated on making my Garlic Knot dinner rolls. Yum. The kids thought they had died and gone to heaven. This will make your Valentine's Day special, easy and beautiful. :)



Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Manicotti

Ingredients:
10 oz. spinach
16 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
32 oz ricotta cheese
4 oz. sour cream
1 cup Parmesan cheese
2 large eggs
½ tsp salt
4 cups marinara sauce (I used Ragu for speed)
1 box (12-14) manicotti noodles

Topping: 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Step One:
In your Bosch Universal Plus Mixer, place all the ingredients EXCEPT marinara sauce into your bosch bowl with the Bosch gourmet whips. Mix till well blended...a matter of seconds!


Step Two:
Spread 2 cups marinara sauce in your stainless steel lasagna pan.

Step Three:
Fill the manicotti noodles with cheese filling. I filled these noodles uncooked with my cookie press. Place the stuffed uncooked shells in the sauce. Cover the noodles with remaining marinara sauce. Sprinkle 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese over the finished pan.



Bake 350 degrees for one hour. You can also make this the night before and have it ready to pop in the oven the next day!!


Note from Paula:
The preparation stage might scare off your eaters. Mine turned their nose up as they saw the spinach and cheese in my Bosch bowl. They were sure this wasn't going to taste good with all that 'green slime.' I thought I had made enough for leftovers but the family enjoyed this so much they ate it all in one meal!

You might notice I am using a large stainless steel pan. I LOVE this pan. It is a clean metal to cook with not leaching metals into your food; and it is large for a good size lasagna or other casserole dinners. (Click here to see more!)

No comments:

Post a Comment