Friday, June 8, 2012

Curry Chicken Salad

For some the word curry in anything is intriguing.  For others, the word curry makes them run thinking of spicy dishes which they would never be able to eat.  I have pretty bland taste buds and would be one of those who runs when the word curry or spicy are mentioned.

In fact, when my hubby and I go to Mexican restaurants, he tastes tests to make sure the salsa isn't too hot for me.  He can eat a raw jalapeno pepper and think it mild!  Crazy.  My dear hubby knows that if it is bland to him, then it will be mildly spicy for me.  Such a dear to taste test for me.  To me there is nothing worse than a burning tongue and lips.  How you spicy, hot people do it, I have no idea!

Now to the Curry Chicken Salad.  This is another recipe from my daughter of love who knew I was looking for more summer salad recipes.  This is a really good chicken salad and not too spicy.  Code for those who like spice: add more curry!

Ingredients:
4 cooked, skinless chicken breast (shred in your bosch mixer with the wire whips!)
1 stalk of celery finely chopped
1/2 yellow onion finely chopped
1 small apple (peeled, cored, chopped)
1/3 cup golden raisins
1/3 cup halved green grapes
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 tsp curry powder
3/4 cup mayonnaise
black pepper to taste (lightly does it!)

In a bowl combine the chicken, celery, onion, apple, raisins, grapes, pecans, pepper, curry powder and mayonnaise.  Mix all together, tossing to coat. Salad is ready to serve!



Note from Paula:  What I liked about this chicken salad recipe is that you could make it ahead!  In fact, the next day, it tastes even better as all the ingredients permeate the salad.  This is a great salad to serve with a flat bread or in a pita bread.  It is cool and refreshing salad to serve on these hot summer days.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment