Friday, February 24, 2012

Roasted Pecan Butter!




I have started carrying a new product, Pecan Nut-butter. This is wonderful consumable product that everyone needs in their kitchen!! I thought I would just make my own,BUT this pecan butter has been perfected to perfection. I met the maker of this wonderful pecan butter, Kelly Ziegelmeier, at a trade show. Fresh baked bread and pecan butter go hand in hand. He gave out samples of his pecan butter and I gave samples of fresh baked bread. People would go from my booth to his and devour both samples. I joined the crowd devouring the pecan butter too!

As the show went on, I realized how good this was with fresh bread and I shouldn't keep it to myself! I am now carrying his wonderful pecan butter. You can read more about the wonderful attributes of this pecan butter. This is one nut butter you don't want to miss! (Click here!)

So what can you do with pecan butter? As you can see, I put it on my sweet potato...delicious! We have put it as an ice cream topping; a fondue for pretzels, apples and celery; drizzled it on our pancakes and waffles. Of course, it makes a great alternative to a peanut butter sandwich. Pecan butter sandwich is to die for!







Interestingly, pecans are super healthy. Below is nutritional info on this lowly pecan! :)

Pecans Offer Good Nutrition
All information compiled in this document was retrieved from
the Texas Pecan Growers Association, unless otherwise cited.

90% of the fats in pecans are unsaturated

A serving of pecans (30g) provides about 25% more oleic acid than a serving of olive oil (1 Tbsp).

As a fat, oleic acid is one of the better ones to consume.

As a replacement for other saturated fats, it can lower total cholesterol level and raise levels of high-density lipoproteins (HDLs) while lowering low-density lipoproteins (LDLs), also known as the "bad” cholesterol (Wise Geek, 2010).

Pecans are cholesterol free.
Pecans are sodium free.
Pecans are fiber-rich.
Pecans are a valuable plant protein source.
Pecans have more than 19 vitamins & minerals.

They are an excellent source of gamma tocopherol, an important type of vitamin E.

They contain concentrated amounts of natural plant sterols, touted for their cholesterol-lowering ability.

Pecans contain a variety of phytochemicals.

Nuts are recommended by the American Heart Association and U.S. Dietary Guidelines as a desirable source of heart-healthy unsaturated fat.

A one-ounce serving of pecans contains 196 calories, 2.7 grams dietary fiber and over 19 vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, vitamin E calcium, potassium, and zinc (Georgia Pecan Commission, 2010).

No comments:

Post a Comment