Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Gingerbread Pancakes!


So if you have been with me long, you know that I love gingerbread...gingerbread scones..ginger bread cookies...and now gingerbread pancakes! This new twist to the basic pancakes is perfect for a fall type breakfast. It gives the fall feel for breakfast AND meets my love of ginger bread!

My daughter found this recipe and woke up early this morning to surprise me with this new recipe wonderful pancake recipe. My family's reaction: "WOW! These are great. Are they hard to make? Can we make this our normal pancakes from now on?" So need I say, this is a recipe you would want to try perhaps not just for the fall but for your basic pancake recipe. :)

As you can see from the recipe, it is easy to make. Just like making a normal pancake recipe but adding a few extra ingredients to give that wonderful gingerbread taste.

Gingerbread Pancakes
from Taste of Homes with my edited nutritious adaptations!

3 cups whole wheat soft flour
6 Tbs sugar (I used honey)
3 Tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp ground allspice
3 eggs
2 1/4 cup milk
3 Tbs canola oil
6 Tbs molasses
apple pie filling warmed (optional)
dried cranberries (optional)

Combine the first 6 ingredients. Combine the eggs, milk, molasses and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.

Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown.

Serve with drizzled maple syrup. Optional: Top with 1/4 cup apple pie filling; sprinkle with cranberries. These two toppings really add to the fall feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment