Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bosch Blender Mint Ice Cream



Happy St. Patrick's Day!! :)

Here is a quick treat for St.Patrick's Day! Did this day creep up on you like it did on me? You may be like me and not into all the holidays yet your kids seem to remember all of them and love them. I find them asking me that morning, "So what special treat are we having to celebrate St. Patrick's Day?" Oops! It caught me by surprise. Like, do we have this holiday every year in March?! :) So my wonderful daughter pulled out our Xagave Cookbook, (Delicious is Nutritious, click here) This is a favorite cookbook of ours. We love the colorful pictures and the tasty, easy to make recipes. BTW, I can adjust the shipping costs on Paula's Bread web site cookbooks manually to reflect cheaper shipping.

Blender Vanilla Ice Cream from Delicious Meets Nutritious
(We added mint instead of vanilla in honor of St. Patrick's Day!)

1 cup half & half
1/2 cup Xagave (click here)
1/2 tsp. mint extract
4 drops green food coloring
4 cups ice

Mix all ingredients in the Bosch Universal blender and blend on high until creamy.

Serve with chocolate syrup or mini chocolate chips.

Makes 8 servings.

Note from Paula: This is a fabulous recipe that is quick. Remember since its base is ice it will melt quickly so this is a fun recipe to make on the fly. Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment